Michael Schmidt’s practice is concentrated in the area of civil litigation, with an emphasis on complex commercial litigation, ERISA, and securities cases. Mike has litigated a broad spectrum of business-related legal issues in numerous federal and state courts and arbitration tribunals.
Mike served as law clerk to the Hon. David S. Porter (dec’d), U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio. He has been named an Ohio Super Lawyer from 2009 through 2016.
- Ohio, 1981
- Kentucky, 1982
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Tax Court
- J.D., Salmon P. Chase College of Law, 1981 (Order of Curia); Editor, Northern Kentucky Law Review
- A.B., Xavier University, summa cum laude, 1974
- Westwood Civic Association, Past President (1994-96); Member of Board of Directors (1992-2004)
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Poor, Participating Attorney and Mediator in Federal and State Courts
Service to the Bar
- Cincinnati Bar Association: Member Officer, Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee (2003-present)
- “Commercial Damages,” Commercial Damages Seminar, Cincinnati Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Member of Business Torts Litigation Committee
Honors and Awards
- Named an Ohio Super Lawyer 2009-2016
* Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.