Richard R. Campbell focuses his practice on representing individuals, and private and public companies in complex civil litigation and dispute resolution. He also defends clients charged with criminal offenses in the State of Ohio and local Federal Courts. In addition to his practice here, Richard works as an Assistant Public Defender with the Clermont County Public Defender’s Office.
Prior to his current work, Richard was an Assistant Prosecutor with the Clermont County Prosecutor’s Office. He prosecuted primarily misdemeanors, including DUIs, thefts, sex offenses, offenses against family members, and gun possession violations. Richard negotiated please on behalf of the State of Ohio on a daily basis and was lead counsel on numerous jury trials and bench trials. He researched and drafted responses to discovery demands, procedural motions, and other documents prepared incident to hearings and trials.
Before becoming a prosecutor, Richard worked as a litigation associate with Keating, Muething & Klekamp, PLL. He represented private and public companies on a wide range of matters, including government agency investigations, international commercial arbitrations, non-compete disputes, breach of contract claims, personal injury suits, consumer and business fraud, and evictions.
Richard grew up in Mt. Lookout on the east side of Cincinnati and devoted much of his time to club soccer. He played with the Cincinnati Classics, Hammer F.C., and Cincinnati United Premier. His United Premier team won the state club championship in 2003. Richard continued his soccer career at both St. Xavier High School and the University of Dayton. After graduating from UD, Richard attended the University of Cincinnati College of Law, during which time he clerked for the Honorable Judge Robert Winkler in the Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas.
- Ohio, 2010
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2010
- B.S., University of Dayton, 2007
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Represented individual indicted for felony possession of drugs. Successfully argued that the officer did not have probable cause to stop the individual’s vehicle. Presiding Judge dismissed the case.
- Secured an acquittal for an individual charged with improperly transporting two shotguns under the backseat of his vehicle.
- Represented an out-of-state resident indicted for felony theft in Ohio. Negotiated for a dismissal of the case.
- Represented a private company in a contested breach of contract claim. Won an award for the full amount owed under the contract after successfully arguing for summary judgment.
- Secured 11 evictions within a 60 day timetable on residential properties located throughout two rural Ohio counties.
- Former head coach and trainer for the Cincinnati United Soccer Club and the Southeastern Cincinnati Soccer Association.