Robert S. Rubin is a managing member of the Cincinnati law firm of Cohen, Todd, Kite & Stanford, LLC. Mr. Rubin’s practice concentrates on all aspects of commercial transactions, including real estate transactions and commercial finance. He represents both lenders and borrowers in a broad range of commercial financing and business transactions, including the purchase, sale, leasing and financing of commercial real estate and businesses. In addition, he advises and provides strategy on commercial litigation matters with members of the firm’s commercial litigation group. He is also a title insurance agent licensed with the Ohio Department of Insurance and writes for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company.
Mr. Rubin has lectured extensively at CLE seminars for National Business Institute and other groups on the topics of real estate transactions, commercial leasing, title insurance, loan documentation, and secured transactions. He is a member of the Ohio State and Cincinnati Bar Associations. Mr. Rubin earned his LL.B. degree from the Aberystwyth University (United Kingdom, 1976) and his J.D. degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Law (1979). He serves on the Board of Governors of the University Club of Cincinnati and on the Board of Trustees of the Cincinnati Squash Racquets Association. He is an avid squash player and has participated as a member of Cincinnati’s Hahn Cup Squash Team in the annual tournament, on multiple occasions since 1999.
- Ohio, 1979
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Ohio
- J.D., University of Cincinnati College of Law, 1979
- LL.B., University of Wales (Aberystwyth, UK), 1976
- Represented an aerospace manufacturing company in the sale of several manufacturing divisions and the real estate holding entity, totaling $68MM
- Represented a restaurant franchisee in a sale/leaseback of multiple restaurant locations totaling $50MM.
- Represented the purchaser of a restaurant franchise territory together with 35 operating restaurants, development rights, and real estate totaling $30MM.
- Represented the seller of NNN ground lease properties in multiple real estate sale transactions of single tenant retail real estate.
- Represented the owner of a Class A, CBD office building, in the negotiation and drafting of an 80,000 sq. ft. lease.
- Represented a national bank in the financing of a $38MM loan to a group of multi-facility nursing home operators.
- Issued title insurance on a multiple loan facility commercial transaction totaling $16MM.
- Regularly issues owner’s and loan policies of title insurance, as agent for Old Republic National Title Insurance Company in connection with commercial transactions in the range of $1MM—$10MM.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
* Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the Judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell Ratings fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.